Thursday, July 5, 2007

Cute Cut-Offs

Stumble Upon Toolbar



My children like to climb and crawl and seem to always be getting holes in the knees of their jeans. For my boy, I simply cut them off just above the knee and serge the raw edge. (This keeps me from having to sew through triple layers of denim.) Then, I turn it under once and sew a double row of stitching to match the thread on the seams.

For my oldest daughter, I used a little leftover gingham ribbon that I had from this wedding gift to give them a little flair. I was very pleased with the way they turned out. Now she has a new pair of shorts and they didn't cost me a dime!


Check out Biblical Womanhood and Rocks in my Dryer for more great tips.




**Have you signed my guestbook yet? Check out Hula Girl! She was my Best Friend Forever in High School. In the early 1980s! Can you believe how young she looks?

6 comments:

The Estrogen Files said...

Wooo, purty!! I like to revamp jeans like this, too. Uniform pants with holes get turned into uniform shorts, too. Great tip!

Nikki said...

Great WFMW idea! And you would've been first in line this time. I really like your post though. I'm going to implement the ribbon idea with my little girl. She'll love it!

Charity Grace said...

This is a great idea. My 6yo is such a girly girl and I like to make even her play clothes pretty when I can. I'll be doing this.

mamabright1 said...

these shorts are totally cute! and I'm eager to learn the name of your new van!!!

I also wanted to let you know that I tagged you for a meme...I'd love for you to stop by and check it out...

blessings, mamabright :-)

Rocks In My Dryer said...

Love it!

T with Honey said...

Very pretty!
This may just inspire me to learn how to use my sewing machine.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics