Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Friends and Family

Stumble Upon Toolbar

**Updated to add: 2 more children of a friend that I'm keeping for the day. That makes a grand total of 18 children!!

We all just enjoyed a few days visit with my Mom. She was here over the 4th of July holidays and helped us celebrate with watermelon and homemade ice cream. She brought two boxes of old books from her house and even organized my bookshelves to find a place for them. Thanks, Mom!

Now, we are expecting a visit from my sweet friend and her 10 children. The oldest is a 12 yr. old girl and the youngest is a 1 yr. old girl. All the rest are boys, including 2 yr. old QUADRUPLETS!!!!

Can you even begin to imagine the fun that is about to commence at our house? Everyone here is beyond excited to get to visit with old friends. MaddieLynn can't wait to have a girl to talk and knit and laugh with and The Bubba is super excited to finally have some extra testosterone in the house.

My husband, who is a golf pro, and the greatest guy on earth, had an out of town tournament scheduled to play in. He usually takes one of the kids with him for some special "Daddy Time", but he knew that this time no one would want to miss out on the fun here at home. I tried to encourage him to go ahead by himself, but he said that would only make him feel all alone and lonely. I warned him that he might be craving some of that all alone and lonely feeling come Saturday, but he is going to risk it and stay here to enjoy the chaos.

I will try to post pictures of the fun if my friend doesn't object.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

After reading "2 yr. old QUADRUPLETS" the rest was a blur.

I hope you enjoy your company!

Marci said...

Oh, how I would love to be there with all the company. You are going to have a great time!!!

Jenn said...

i'm so like that... the more the merrier, right?! of course!

Headmistress, zookeeper said...

WO0T!! We hear they're coming to see us in October!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Swidget 1.0 6

 
Web Statistics